Tip: Add ½ Cup of finely chopped mixed vegetables like beans, carrots, Cabbage and peas to the idli batter.
- 1 Cup Semolina ( rawa suji)
- 1 cup yogurt (dahi)
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp soda-bi-carb (mitha soda)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chopped curry leaves
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ cup grated coconut, optional
- In a flat dish, microwave 1tbsp oil for 1 minute.
- Add rawa suji. Mix well. Microwave for 1 min. Add Curry leaves & Salt. Mix well.
- Allow to cool. Add coconut, yogurt, water and mitha soda. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Grease small glass bowls or micro proof idli maker. Pour 34 tbsp mixture in each bowl. Arrange in a ring in microwave. Microwave for 4 minutes. If the idlis appear wet, wait for 5 minutes usually they get done after giving them 5 minutes standing time. Serve with coconut chutney.