Baking a chocolate cake is almost everyone’s desire list but baking cake is not a cup of tea. It takes lots of effort ingredients and equipment. I am going to share an idea which helps you out to make a cake without an oven. There are several methods available; the one which is my favorite is baking cake in pressure cooker until it gets downy and mild. When I came to Delhi I use to place online cake delivery in Delhi whenever I like to eat cake but gradually I started making cakes by self at home. At the initial stage it was very difficult for me to make a cake after that with the time I learnt how to make a perfect cake. As I love chocolate flavor most among all, I usually prefer to make chocolate flavored cake usually. Now we will see the procedure of making chocolate cake in cooker. If you want you can also make this in oven. I made this perfectly in my cooker so, I hope you would try this at home.
The cooking time will depend upon the size of pan and amount of batter you are using. I made a small cake that can be separated in 10 large pieces. It took me around 55 minutes to bake it perfectly. I used a 5 liter aluminum pressure cooker.
Some Important thing to remember Before Baking: –
- No need to use water in cooker
- Do not use the rubber ring around the rim of the lid on your pressure cooker
- Always place a plate or stand on the bottom of pressure cooker so that heat can spread evenly while cooking
- Always keep the flame simmer so that the cooker doesn’t heat up too much. Be careful while making cake in pressure cooker. If you don’t follow the instructions it may cause you serious injury. Make sure you are following the instructions correctly.
Making Time: –
- Making Time -20 Minutes
- Cook Time -55 Minutes
- ½ Cup of Plain Flour
- ½ Table Spoon of Baking Soda
- ¼ Table Spoon of Salt
- 3 Table Spoon of Cocoa Powder
- 3 Table Spoon of Butter, Softened at room temperature
- ½ Cup of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup of Water
- ¼ Cup of Milk
- ½ Table Spoon of Vinegar
- ½ Table Spoon Of Vanilla Extract
- Take a bowl; whip the flour, salt and baking soda together until well combined.
- Keep it apart until needed.
- In another bowl cream the butter and sugar with a whip until it combine well. There is no need of electric beater you can simply do it by hand.
- Add egg to the batter and whip again until the mixture becomes little bit fluffy.
- After that add cocoa and water to the batter and whip it well until the cocoa powder fully mixed.
- Add the vinegar and vanilla and mix it again.
- Add milk and mix slowly again.
- Now add the flour mixture in two additions. After addition of each mixture fold it ideally.
- Preheat the pressure cooker and place the tray at the bottom of cooker. Heat the cooker for 2 minutes.
- Put in the cake pan and close the lid, keep the flame very low.
- Cook around 55 to 60 minutes until the cake will leave the side of pan.
- Remove the cake from cooker and cool it for 10 minutes.
- Gently put the cake in to freeze before cutting and serving.